Maker’s Fabric is an online fabric store offering a curated selection of garment fabrics for the modern maker. We focus on sustainably produced fabrics with a comfortable softness that you’ll want against your skin!
As often as possible, we try to purchase fabrics made from 100% natural fibers. However, you may occasionally find that a fabric we carry contains a small amount of man-made fiber. We try to balance the environmental impact of synthetic fibers with the advantages they provide in comfort, durability, and ease of care.
Our Business Practices
Here at Maker's Fabric, we value sustainability in our business practices just as much as we do in our fabrics!
We've cut down waste in many areas of our business operations such as:
- Donating non-sellable but still usable fabric to our local fabric recycling center to ensure they're given a second life.
- Saving scraps for scrap stuffing - we plan to make a giant scrap-filled bean bag for the office one day!
- Reusing misprints and discarded paper as scratch paper.
- Reusing packaging material and boxes.
Going forward, we aim to move towards:
- Printing all flyers and business cards on recycled paper.
- Shipping with 100% recycled packaging.
We’re always looking for more ways to improve. If you have any suggestions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below. We’d love to hear from you!